This programme is currently closed until further notice.
No prearranged job required!
Apply anytime of the year – but limited places apply now to secure your place!
Best flight prices – travel on a oneway airfare – ask us for a flight quote to compare our competitive flight prices.
The Job Position you find:
The job you take in the USA must be directly related to your field of study.
You can work in the following areas:
- Business, Management, Commerce and Finance
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Information, Media and Communications
- Public Administration and Law
- The Sciences, Engineering, Architecture, Mathematics and Industrial Occupations.
The job placement should be skilled and a career-building experience that is relevant to your studies, however, it is rather flexible when it comes to relating the job placement to your field of study, as this program is designed for people who have no work experience necessarily.
Click here to see a list of unskilled jobs that are not allowed!
- The 12 Month USA Work programme allows you to travel as soon as you finish your course so long as you arrive in the US no later than 12 months from the date on your graduation certificate
- Be an Irish Passport holder over 18 years of age
- Open to Undergraduates, Postgraduates, and Recent Graduates who are attending / have attended a University / College in any of the 32 counties of Ireland
- If you are a Recent Graduate you must arrive in the US within 12 months of the date on your Graduation Certificate
- You must be studying towards a degree or higher
US Employer Requirements
When you arrive in the US and secure your Employer and job placement it will then have to be accepted as part of the 12 Month USA Work Programme guidelines:
- Must be able to present a business licence or certificate to operate
- Provide Employer Identification Number (EIN).
- Verification of address, phone number and business activities by website.
- Provide Workman’s Compensation Insurance Policy. We will need verification of Worker's Compensation Insurance Policy or equivalent in each state or, if applicable, evidence of state exemption from requirement of coverage.
- Have at least USD 3 million in annual revenues or more than 25 employees or a site visit is required. If your host company does not meet this requirement and Intrax has not worked with this company, an Intrax representative will conduct an in-person site visit. Placements at academic institutions or at federal, state, or local government offices are specifically excluded from such a site visit requirement. Please note there is a fee involved for a site visit which must be paid by the applicant. Only 5% of applicants on the Go4Less 12 month USA programme required a site visit in 2012.
- 5-1 ratio: We will only accept applications for Employers with a 5-1 ratio (5 full time employees-1 intern ratio)
Please note some Government companies are exempt from some of the above requirements